Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I love oliver + s


My friend Anita told me about these cute patterns. Oliver + S is my favorite place to get sewing ideas and spend lots of money on a pattern. Her patterns have very helpful instructions. They tend to be wordy because she doesn't use sewing terms without explaining them. They are totally worth it. I've made a few cute little dresses and many, many kid pajamas. So when this book came out I just had to have it. I've been hanging on to it for a few months trying to decide which project to do first. With high ambition, I told one of Abbey's friends we could make tutus next time she came. So every play date after that she asked if we were going to make tutus. Kids don't forget promises very easily. And I am the queen of broken promises-my only weakness (besides pride).....
So with Abbey's friend's sweet smile haunting me for a few weeks, I finally broke down and ran to the store hours before the next play date.... and ....


Cute skirt tutus and no more sad faces appearing in my dreams. I must say, I do like the way they turned out. And they were much easier to make than I thought. Well, at first when I looked at them I thought to myself, "this is going to be easy!" The I started reading the directions and the project suddenly became daunting, I took a two month break and dove into them out of guilt. Turned out, easy like I first thought.

With the left overs I made one for the baby too. She only liked it because her sisters had them on too.





And yes, there is an orange extension cord in the background. Ben loves his orange extension cords. My family likes to tease him because he uses them like rope. He has been known to tie things on the tops of cars with them and use them as a clothes line while camping.....


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Harada's said...

ADORABLE!!!!! I am gonna have to check out this book now. =)
What a good little, crafty mommy you are. I want a little girl to make tutu's for! =)

Emily said...

Leisl's patterns are fantastic - I have several of them!

Christina said...

SO, so cute! (The tutus AND the girls in them!) I'm impressed- sewing is like magic to me.

TheSchmierneys said...

Super cute!!!I may have to get this book I want to make that little hoodie like little red riding hood! Can't you just see Leah in it??? And Ethan is all about the vests!!!